Aetna Health Network Only Catastrophic Plan
The Aetna Health Network Only (HNO) Catastrophic Plan is designed to give in-network-only protection against a catastrophic medical event.
Low monthly premiums are traded for a significantly higher deductible. With this plan you take on more out-of-pocket expenses in exchange for lower premiums. If you’re healthy, you save money. But if something catastrophic happens, you’re covered.
The Aetna HNO Catastrophic Plan has one level of benefit:
- In-Network Benefits - This plan provides in-network coverage only. Preventive care such as annual physicals and well-woman visits are covered at 100%. For other services, you may be required to pay your deductible in full before the plan pays a share of your expenses.
Prescription Drug Benefits
When you enroll in one of the Aetna medical plan options, you’ll automatically have prescription drug coverage through Aetna and Express Scripts. This program includes a Formulary Management Program that uses a “four-tier” copayment approach to covered drugs and is designed to control cost for you and the plan. Click here to learn more about prescription benefits.
- This plan provides in-network coverage only.
- If your doctor refers you to another provider (such as a specialist), be sure to ASK if the provider belongs to the network. If he or she doesn’t, you will be responsible for the cost of services at a nonnegotiated rate.
- The Aetna Choice network is large and comprehensive. It consists of primary care physicians and specialists ranging from cardiologists, podiatrists, and OB/GYNs to oncologists, ophthalmologists, and orthopedists. Facilities such as hospitals, urgent care centers, and labs also belong to the network. To find preferred providers near you visit .
Is the Catastrophic Plan Right for Me?
- Do you want to save on monthly premiums? If you prefer to pay lower monthly contributions and pay more when and if you actually need care during the year, you might benefit from the catastrophic plan.
- How much can you afford to pay out of pocket for medical care? If you don’t have the money to afford your high deductible at a moment’s notice, this insurance isn’t right for you.
- How broad do you want your health plan to be? Once you meet the deductible, catastrophic insurance will pay for all health care expenses deemed necessary.
Review your claims and expenses for the previous year at www.aetna.com. (log in required) to see your claims and expenses). Reviewing your medical expenses may help you determine the coverage that is best for you and your family.