Health Advocate, the nation’s leading healthcare advocacy and assistance company, is available to you at no cost. The Health Advocate program is a free service that connects members with a personal health care advisor, or advocate. Each advocate is there to help members make educated decisions about their health care. Coverage is also available to your spouse, dependent children, parents, and parents-in-law.
Health Advocate can help you:
- Sort through information from doctors, dentists, specialists and other health care professionals
- Schedule appointments and arrange second opinions
- Set up special procedures and tests
- Get answers about test results, diagnoses and medications
- Research newest treatment options
- Transfer medical records, X-rays and lab results
- Negotiate payment plans for your out-of-network medical bills
- Understand your appeal rights for bills from doctors, hospitals and other health care professionals
- Find in-home care, adult day care, assisted living and long-term care
- Understand Medicare, Medicaid and Medicare supplemental plans
- Coordinate care between different doctors and hospitals
- Research transportation to appointments
Using Health Advocate
If you are enrolled in Aetna, you and your family can use Health Advocate. Your spouse, dependents, children and parents can all call as often as they need to, even if they’re not covered by your plan. And it doesn’t cost you anything.