Cigna Global Health Advantage
J1 Visa Exchange Visitors ~ Welcome to Cigna Global!
Cigna Global is a direct pay network plan that gives our J1 Visa holders the freedom to select any licensed provider when you need care. This plan offers both in-network and out-of-network benefits; however, the plan’s reimbursement is higher when you use an in-network provider in the United States, or an international provider.
You may receive care from any licensed health care provider. When you need care, simply choose the appropriate doctor and make an appointment.
All participants including dependents will receive a Cigna Global ID card. Keep your Cigna global ID card with you at all times to access quality health care anywhere in the world.
You’ve Elected to Enroll with Cigna Global
Cigna will send you an email with your new customer ID information and registration instructions for Cigna’s secure customer website.
Once you receive the welcome email, you can register on the website (www.cigna envoy.com). The tools and information are developed specifically for globally mobile individuals so you can easily find what you need.
- Find a healthcare provider or facility anywhere in the world
- Review and submit claims
- View and print ID cards
- A hard copy of your ID card will be mailed to the address on file.
Cigna Global has three levels of benefits:
- In-Network Benefits - When you use in-network providers, you pay a fixed dollar amount, called a copayment (or copay), for doctor’s office visits and routine exams. For other services, you pay a lower deductible and the plan pays a larger share of your expenses compared to when you go to an out-of-network provider.
- Out-of-Network Benefits - If you use an out-of-network provider, you will receive a lower level of benefits and you must meet a higher deductible. The plan pays a smaller share of your expenses. In addition, you must file your own claims and call Cigna when your doctor recommends care that must be pre-certified.
- International Benefits - When you use international network providers, there is no copayment (or copay), for doctor’s office visits and routine exams.
While you're working with Carnegie in the United States, you are free to use any provider, however you save money when you use in-network providers. If your doctor refers you to another provider (such as a specialist), be sure to ASK if the provider belongs to the network. If he or she doesn’t, benefits will be paid at the lower, out-of-network level AND only up to what Cigna determines to be the reasonable charge for the service. You’ll be billed for any amount that exceeds the reasonable charge.
The Cigna Global Network
The Cigna Global network is large and comprehensive. It consists of primary care physicians and specialists ranging from cardiologists, podiatrists, and OB/GYNs to oncologists, ophthalmologists, and orthopedists. Facilities such as hospitals, urgent care centers, and labs also belong to the network. To find preferred providers near you, visit www.CignaEnvoy.com.
NOTE: Make sure you go to the CignaEnvoy.com website that serves you as a Cigna Global plan member and not to the domestic Cigna.com.
Prescription Drug Benefits
When you enroll in the Cigna medical plan, you’ll automatically have prescription drug coverage. Your Cigna ID card also serves as your pharmacy/prescription card. The Cigna pharmacy program uses a “three-tier” copayment approach to covered drugs and is designed to control costs for you and the plan. Home Delivery options are only available when going through In-Network providers.
When visiting a participating pharmacy, you must present your card at the time of purchase. Cigna Global will pay the pharmacy directly, which eliminates the need to file a claim.
U.S. Retail Pharmacies
U.S. Home Delivery
Under the Cigna plan you also have delivery and even mail-order options for your prescriptions.
Under the Cigna plan your costs for specialty drug retail and home delivery are the same. Here’s what you can expect to pay:
2023 Cigna Plan Resources
- Cigna - Benefits at a Glance (.pdf)
- Cigna Global Certificate - (SPD) An overview of your current benefit package
- Cigna Global Telehealth Information (.pdf)
- Manage your plan with the Cigna Envoy app (video)
Cigna is committed to providing superior service to our clients and customers. It doesn’t matter where you are working or what time zone you are in. Our clients and customers can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling our global service center or via email through Cigna Envoy.