Delta Dental Plan Options
Carnegie employees can choose from two Delta Dental plans that offer different levels of coverage and different ways of choosing a dentist.
Delta Dental HMO
- Coverage for In-Network dentists only
- Basic fee-for-service plan
- Lower annual maximum benefit
- A primary dentist must be selected, either by the employee or by Delta Dental.
Delta Dental PPO
- Coverage for In-Network or Out-of-Network dentists
- Includes two (2) In-Networks of coverage: PPO and Premier PPO Network.
- Out-of-network coverage available only up to the allowed benefit
- Orthodontia coverage for adults & children
Dental care coverage for both plans:
- Includes diagnostic and preventive checkups and cleanings
- Includes coverage for basic services such as fillings, sealants, and removal of teeth, etc.
- Includes major services such as crowns, dentures and root canals
- Provides benefits through Delta Dental's network of dentists
~Choosing an in-network dentist is the most effective use of both dental plans.
When an out-of-network dentist is chosen, employees are responsible up to the full charge.~
Delta Dental plans provide a broad array of dental services, but like many plans, there are certain exclusions and limitations as well as amounts you must pay out-of-pocket. If you have any questions about whether certain procedures will be covered, contact Delta Dental directly.
- Delta Dental (HMO) – 800-422-4234
- Delta Dental (PPO) – 800-932-0783
Visit the Delta Dental website to find a dentist that is right for you.