Prescription Drug Benefits
When you enroll in one of the Aetna medical plan options, you’ll automatically have prescription drug coverage through Express Scripts. This program uses a “four (4) -tier” co-payment approach to covered drugs and is designed to control cost for you and the plan.
- Tier 1 includes primarily generic drugs (smallest copayment)
- Tier 2 includes formulary drugs (middle copayment)
- Tier 3 includes brand formulary drugs (highest copayment)
- Tier 4 includes specialty drugs
Express Scripts RX Home Delivery
Express Scripts offers a home delivery service for drugs used to treat long-term conditions like high blood pressure or diabetes. You can get up to a 90-day supply of medicine by mail.
Getting home delivery started is easy. Register and create an account. Then just provide your prescription information:
For new prescriptions:
Ask your doctor to e-prescribe a 3-month supply to Express Scripts Home Delivery.
For current prescriptions:
After you register or log into your account, you can switch your eligible medications to delivery.
Once Express Scripts has your prescription, they’ll take care of the rest. They will check to make sure your prescription is safe and effective before mailing it to you, and contact your doctor directly if they have any questions.
Express Scripts Specialty Pharmacy - Accredo®
Accredo® Specialty Pharmacy medicine and support services is a mail-order pharmacy that dispenses specialty drugs. These drugs treat chronic conditions, such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, and cancer.
- Mail delivery to your home, doctor’s office, or anywhere you choose
- Safe handling, secure packaging, and quick delivery, plus free standard shipping
- Tips and training on how to self-administer injectable drugs, and cope with possible side effects
- Ongoing support from a team of specialists to help you stick with your care plan