Welcome to WEX!
WEX is our new Spending Account (FSA/DCFSA) and Savings Account (HSA) Vendor
Effective January 1, 2022, Carnegie's Healthcare Flexible Spending (FSA), Dependent Care FSA and Health Saving Accounts (HSA) will be managed by WEX. You can enroll in these plans in Ceridian/Dayforce when your become benefit eligible as a new hire, due to a change in position or, during the annual Open Enrollment period held during the fall every year.
- Employees that have claims incurred in 2021 are able to use your Benefit Strategies FSA funds by submitting for reimbursement no later than March 31, 2022. You will still be able to use the Benefit Strategies portal and/or claim for to submit your request.
- You can access to WEX’s resources via their website and mobile app and you will receive a debit card to use throughout the year on qualified expenses.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Why should I consider enrolling in a Flexible Spending Account?
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows you to set aside pre-tax money from your pay into a Health Care, Dependent Care or Limited Purpose FSA. You may later repay yourself for eligible expenses incurred in plan year that are not covered by insurance. Because your contributions are deducted from your bi-weekly pay before federal income, state income, and Social Security taxes have been withheld on these deductions, you save on taxes.
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Dependent Flexible Spending Account
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account
Enrolled in the Aetna Gold medical plan? Click Here for details about your Health Savings Account (HSA).
What can I do with my 2021 Health Savings Account (HSA) funds for 2022?
Remember that you own your HSA account! Carnegie will no longer make contributions to any existing accounts managed by Benefit Strategies after December 31, 2021. If you elected an HSA for 2022 during Open Enrollment, you will be automatically enrolled into a new HSA account for the 2022 plan year, managed by WEX.
If you have funds in your HSA managed by Benefit Strategies, you can:
- Plan to spend down those funds or;
- Transfer any portion of your HSA funds to WEX using the HSA Distribution Request Form
Employees can transfer funds at any time. If you don't want to transfer, that's okay too--an employee can have more than one HSA . Carnegie is no longer paying the monthly fee for Benefit Strategies HSA accounts, so if you choose not to transfer funds from your Benefit Strategies HSA, you will be charged a monthly fee.
Attached is information on Medical FSAs, Dependent Care FSAs and HSAs, as well as flyers on WEX’s mobile app and technology that you can take advantage of. WEX provides online resources including a FSA calculator, FSA store and list of eligible expenses. Simply go to http://www.wexinc.com/ to access these tools.
There are various ways you can contact WEX to ask questions before enrolling or throughout the plan year.