It’s quality healthcare, when and where you need it, at a price you can afford.
Teladoc’s U.S. board-certified doctors are available 24/7/365 to resolve many of your medical issues through the convenience of phone, video or mobile app consults. Set up your account today so when you need care later, a Teladoc doctor is just a call or click away.
- U.S. board-certified doctors in internal medicine, family practice, or pediatrics.
- When you call Teladoc, you will always speak with a doctor licensed to practice medicine in your state.
- Doctors verified through the National Physician Data Base (NPDB) and the American Medical Association (AMA) for medical licensure, training and education, work history, and malpractice history.
- Doctors credentialed every three years. Our quality processes meet National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) standards.
- Doctors living and working in the U.S.
- Save money otherwise spent on more expensive urgent care and ER visits (and a qualified expense for HSA and FSA accounts).
- Save time waiting to get an appointment and then waiting again in a waiting room.
- Save the hassle of driving across town and taking time off work.
How Do I Get Started?
- Set Up Your Account - It’s quick and easy online. Visit the Teladoc website at Teladoc.com/Aetna, click “Set up account” and provide the required information. You can also call Teladoc for assistance over the phone.
- Request a Consult - Once your account is set up, request a consult anytime you need care.
- Provide Medical History - Your medical history provides Teladoc doctors with the information they need to make an accurate diagnosis.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Teladoc?
Founded in 2002, Teladoc is the first and largest provider of telehealth medical consultation in the U.S., allowing over 15.4 million members 24/7/365 access to affordable medical care via phone and online video consultations.
- Who are the Teladoc doctors?
Teladoc doctors are U.S. board certified in internal medicine, family practice, or pediatrics. Doctors have an average of 20 years of clinical experience and are licensed in your state. Doctors can diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication for your non-emergency conditions. The doctors incorporate Teladoc into their day-to-day practice as a way to provide people with convenient, affordable access to quality medical care.
- Does Teladoc replace employees’ primary care physician?
No. Teladoc doctors do not replace your primary care physician. Teladoc should be used when immediate care is needed for nonemergent medical issues. It is an affordable, more convenient alternative to urgent care and ER visits.
- Is the consultation fee the same price, regardless of the time of day or night?
Yes. Teladoc charges one flat rate per consultation.
- Is there a fee for employees when they set up their account?
No, there is no fee to set up your account and complete your medical history.
- How do employees request a consultation to talk to a doctor?
Employees can request a consult online (they log into their account online and click ‘Request a Consult’), by phone (they can call any time day or night), or within the Teladoc mobile app (they open the app and press ‘Request a Consult’).
- How quickly is a doctor available?
A doctor will call back within one hour, guaranteed, for phone consultations. If the doctor’s call is missed (due to an unanswered call or an activated anonymous call blocker), the request will be returned to the bottom of the waiting list. The consultation request is cancelled if three calls are missed.
- What is the time limit when talking with a doctor?
With Teladoc there is no time limit, so employees can take their time.
- Can Teladoc doctors write a prescription?
Yes, Teladoc doctors can prescribe short-term medication for a wide range of conditions when medically appropriate. Teladoc doctors do not prescribe substances controlled by the DEA, nontherapeutic, and/or certain other drugs that may be harmful because of their potential abuse.
- How are prescriptions called in by Teladoc paid?
When employees go to the pharmacy of choice to pick up the prescription, they simply use their health/prescription insurance card to help pay for the medication. They will be responsible for the copay based on the type of medication and their plan benefits.
- Is consultation information provided to the primary care doctor?
Yes. Access to portable electronic medical record is available any time. Copies can be downloaded from the employee's account or by calling to have the medical record mailed or faxed to the employee.
- What consult methods are available?
Employees can talk with a Teladoc doctor via a phone consult, video consult within the secure member portal, or video consult within the Teladoc mobile app.
- If the Teladoc doctor recommends that an employee sees their primary care physician or a specialist, are they still responsible for the Teladoc consultation fee?
Yes. Just like any doctor appointment, the employee must pay for the consulting doctor’s time.
- How do employees pay for the copay for the consultation?
They can pay with their FSA/HSA debit card, credit card, or prepaid debit card.