Hartford Logo


Carnegie has partnered with the Hartford to offer Travel Support Services for employees engaged in international travel. The Hartford's Multinational Choice Policy includes medical, security, and personal services to employees and their families while traveling on business, including important pre-trip information to keep you updated and well prepared.

When you are traveling 100 miles or more away from home on trips of 180 days or less, you have access to medical, personal, and security assistance services. Please see the attached Hartford Travel Support Services document below for specific details. Make sure you download, print, and carry the attached Travel Card with you before your trip.

The Emergency Travel Assistance is intended as a resource for catastrophic/emergency situations. This is not health insurance coverage while abroad, but rather services that could be employed in the event of a catastrophic event or emergency. 

In case of an injury or illness that may occur while abroad which requires health attention, then this would be covered via Carnegie's International Package Policy. This would cover medical expenses incurred, lost wages, and other unforseen costs for those that are injured while working abroad. If this should occur, then an employee must notify HR immediately so that we can file a claim here on the employee's behalf.

Make sure you download, print, and carry the attached Travel Card with you before your trip.

  • You can register on the Europ Assistance website here.

  • Group ID is C1HAC.

  • Activation Code is 01062014.


In the event of an emergency, please follow these steps:

FIRST, Call local emergency services.

THEN, Contact Travel Support Services:

Toll free in the US or Canada: 1-866-690-5112

Collect outside of the US: 1-240-330-1441



Please contact HR with any questions at