2020 Benefits Open Enrollment
It’s time for our annual Benefit Open Enrollment period at Carnegie. Open Enrollment takes place November 1 - 18, 2019.
Carnegie has a robust offering of general and elective benefits available to our eligible employees. We are constantly looking for ways to improve those offerings to ensure we remain competitive and you have a variety of options to choose from. To learn more about the benefits available to your and your family, please plan to attend one of the 2020 Benefit Information Sessions scheduled at the following locations:
An Active Open Enrollment
This year, Open Enrollment will be an active enrollment. What does this mean? Open Enrollment will be conducted online and you will be able to login to your Ceridian Dayforce account to elect your benefits for the 2020 plan year. All employees will need to actively enroll, even if you do not plan to change your benefits.
As always, the Open Enrollment period is your opportunity to elect new benefits, drop and/or modify your current benefit elections. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Adding or removing eligible dependents
- Changing medical or dental plan options
- Enrolling in health or dependent care savings accounts
- Enrolling or dropping elective benefits such as LifeLock, MetLaw, Accident Insurance and more
Any changes you make to your benefits during Open Enrollment will take effect on January 1, 2020.
Expanded Benefit Offerings
- New medical plan addition - Aetna Platinum Plus
- Discontinuation of the Aetna Catastrophic Plan
- Female and male fertility treatment coverage is now included under each of the health care plan options
- Hearing aids will be covered on each of the health care plan options
- Express Scripts will replace Aetna Pharmacy as our prescription drug provider
- Short-Term Disability - new employee paid benefit election is now offered
What If I Don't Want to Change My Current Benefit Coverage?
All Carnegie employees will need to actively enroll, even if you do not plan to change your benefits. Additionally, if you have a Health Savings Account (HSA), a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a Dependent Care (DCFSA), you must enroll in these accounts annually per IRS requirements.
When Will I Get My New Medical, Dental or Vision ID Card?
- You will only receive a new medical ID if you are enrolling in a plan for the first time. Register on the Aetna website and you can print your card from there.
- All medical plan enrollees will receive an Express Scripts (pharmacy) ID card. Like your medical plan card, this ID card should be kept with you at all times.
- You will not receive ID cards for the dental and vision plans. At the time of service, you will provide the plan provider name and your identifying information (date of birth and social security number) to your service provider and they will locate your plan. You can also print a card from the provider website.
- If you need medical attention before receiving your ID card, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for plan assistance.
How To Enroll
Follow these steps to enroll in your 2020 Carnegie benefits:
1. Read the Benefits Open Enrollment Guide and Understand the Changes.
The 2020 Benefits Guide contains important information about changes for 2020, as well as your existing benefits. Take a look at the 2020 Rate Sheet to review your 2020 plan options and costs and make use of the education and benefit plan enrollment resources on this website.
2. Decide If You Need to Enroll
This year, Open Enrollment will be an active enrollment. This means you must login to Ceridian Dayforce and elect benefits even if you are not making any changes to your existing benefits. Benefits elections will not roll over from 2019 to 2020.
3. Verify Dependents and Beneficiaries
Open Enrollment is a good time to verify that your enrolled dependents are still eligible for coverage and to review your beneficiary designations. Dependent verification is required for any NEW dependents added to your coverage for 2020. You have 25 days to send dependent information to email@example.com for all newly added dependents. If you currently have existing covered dependents that have previously been verified, then no further action on your part is required.
Follow these steps to enroll in your 2020 Carnegie benefits in Ceridian Dayforce:
- Login to Ceridian Dayforce
- Go to the Benefits menu and click on Start Enrollment
- Read the annual open enrollment statement and then click Next.
- Complete your Profile Forms (Dependents, Beneficiaries, etc.).
- Review, compare and select your benefits.
- Follow the instructions to enroll in the plans you choose.
- Confirm your benefit selections and click on Submit Enrollment.
- Review the summary of your elections and your deductions for 2020.
- Review and print the summary as confirmation.