Carnegie Institution for Science provides employees and family members with free, comprehensive support through the Optum Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is here to help you, and your family, get the most out of life.
They are ready to help with the small questions and the big problems, and everything in-between, such as:
- Managing stress
- Improving relationships at home or work
- Addressing legal and financial concerns
- Getting the most out of your career
- Getting past emotional issues or grief
- Addressing depression, anxiety or substance use issues
Who is Eligible?
The Optum EAP is available to all employees regardless of enrollment in a medical plan. It is also available to all household members of employees. When your call Optum, simply identify yourself as a Carnegie Institute of Washington employee or a household member of an employee.
- Employee (member) - A person actively employed or on short-term leave
- Dependent Children - Children who are dependents of the member
- Student - Dependent children attending school
- Spouse/domestic partner - Legally married spouse of an active employee/member
- Household members - Those residing in the eligible member’s home
- Disabled employee (member) - Members who are on disability as defined by the employer.
How Does it Work?
The EAP is available 24 hours a day. Simply call (800) 468-8369. A specialist will help you identify the nature of your problem and the appropriate resources to address it. If you need financial or legal services, they will refer you to an expert in that field. If you want to see a clinician, you will be matched to with one in the network who has the appropriate experience to help.
You also have access to Optum's EAP portal which is liveandworkwell.com. You can browse as a guest and search the site for helpful resources for dealing with traumatic events, issues at home or at the workplace, or whatever they may be feeling in the moment.
How Much Will This Benefit Cost?
There is no charge for referrals, or for seeing a clinician in the EAP network. There’s no cost for initial consultation with financial or legal experts, or mediators. If you decide to retain legal assistance after your consultation, you'll receive a 25 percent discount.
For 24-hour, confidential access to your EAP benefits and tools to help you enhance your work, health and life, your and your family can simply visit liveandworkwell.com. You can check your EAP benefits information and submit online requests for services, search their database for childcare, nursing home care resources, search the online directory of clinicians, access information and resources for hundreds of everyday work and life issues in one of the many virtual help centers, and participate in interactive, customizable self-improvement programs.
Are Services Confidential?
Your personal records will not be shared with Carnegie or anyone else. All records, including medical information, referrals and evaluations, are kept confidential in accordance with federal and state laws.